Saturday, July 22, 2023

Is there a bubble in luxury goods? Are high end flippers in trouble?


This video is way outside my sphere of knowledge, and I've never heard of Patrick Boyle before.  This video popped up on my YouTube feed, and I watched it, since economic bubbles, in any area, are something I am interested in.  If you have any business interest in high end anything, check this video out. 


"Americans with a household income of less than $50,000 make up about 27% of regular luxury goods consumers, according to global data."- Patrick Boyle, 5:57 in the clip above

That line blew my mind.  This takes the Hood Rich and Instagram Flex ideas to a whole different level.  My research has me believing we're on the verge of a major economic downturn, and hearing that Millennials and Gen Z kids are actively "investing" in Louis Vuitton bags, Rolex watches, and many other luxury brand goods, gives me the impression there's a lot of potential downside in these areas, as the economy continues to slow down. Watch the video for a lot more solid info and insight into today's luxury goods markets.  


I'm doing  a lot of my writing on Substack these days, check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out my writing on Substack...

Here's a clip of Joe Rogan interviewing Chris Best, one of the two founders of Substack .  Substack is a platform for writers to write t...